Friday, April 5, 2013

How Rude!

On monday I made plans with my half brother's half sister, so my sister from another mother and father, to meet up around 5pm today and we loosely agreed to meet at Chuck E. Cheese. Last night she commented on a picture I posted on facebook and asked if we were still on for today. I responded about 20 minutes later telling her that we were and I asked her where exactly we would meet up. She never responded so today around 11:30 I sent her a text message asking if we were still getting together and if Chuck E. Cheese was still a good place to meet up and which one exactly does she go to. I went about my day planning on going out around 4-4:30. I never heard back from her so 3:45 I sent another text basically saying the same thing as the first one. 
I am on nutrisystem and one of the lunches I have is a bar, so I decided today I would have a dinner for lunch and bring a bar for dinner so it would be easier to stick to my plan. I decided not to go out before lunch with the kids to the library like I had originally planned. Two outings in one day can be stressful and could make for some cranky children while out the second time. I told my daughter where we were going and she was very excited for Cheese (it's her favorite food right now) 
Finally around 4:45 I get a text message from her:
Hey hunni! Omgoodness! I've been at my bosses house all day with the baby. We are all very close so they wanted a day with her. I'm so sorry first time I checked my phone all day. If we do meet up its going to be a little while we are out and I have to go home and feed my son and get things situated.
I responded saying it's ok we will do it another time. In the past I would have been like oh that's totally fine let me know when you would be able to make it, would you just want us to come to your place instead to make it easier on you. Not anymore. This is bull, she was the one that messaged me last night on facebook to remind me. She cannot tell me that did not go on facebook or look at her phone between last night and today at 4:45?!?!? Plus she went over to her bosses for the baby to spend the day with them and she didn't pull her phone out to take a picture once? I'm so sick of being walked all over, I am worth more than an afterthought.
I feel like people these days are too connected, and are too accessible. When I was younger if a friend needed to get a hold of me they passed me a note in the hallway between classes or called my house and asked my mother for me to call them back and the response was never immediate. It wasn't practical nor should it be. I don't need to be accessed 24/7, I need time for myself and for my family. So I understand not always responding to people right away because it isn't always the right time. I can't stand when my mother sends me a message and I don't get back to her right away she resends the exact same message as if I never got it the first time. However when it comes to having plans with someone and things changing I always respond right away.  
And I know if someone did that to her she would blow up facebook about it. And she still hasn't said anything back.

Every year my sister in law and her husband change their facebook pictures around my niece's birthday to a picture of my niece right after being pulled out of the uterus. It is one of those borderline pictures, is this ok or not to put up on facebook. To me it's not something I would do, let alone do it every year. Put up a current picture, that's what I do. The other really weird thing is the same picture is blown up and made into one of those expensive really big canvass pictures hanging in their living room. Not exactly what I want to see when I look into the living room from the dining room as I am eating pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment