Thursday, January 9, 2014

Museum Day

A couple times a month I plan museum days with the kids. Our library has a wonderful museum pass program, that allows free entry into certain museums in our area. Each museum has a different deal with the library but the library's rule is that you can visit each museum once a month. Which is perfect, we had a family membership to the children's museum and I don't think we ever went more than once a month. 
Usually every morning we have something to do, whether it is my daughter's gymnastics or I have a session with a personal trainer. So we do whatever we have to do that morning and then I pack us up to go to the museum. I will usually pack a lunch and snacks as well so we don't have to wait till they are finished eating to go. Each museum has their own food policy but the ones we go to it is fine to bring in outside food. As soon as we get there we sit down and have lunch then we go play for the rest of the day. The way it normally works out the kids get 4 hours of play before the museum closes which is more than enough time to tire then out. 
The library is a great resource for families, especially families on a budget. I will post more things to look for at your library in the future. But for now go check out yours and see what they have to offer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment